The University of Virginia is seeking highly qualified applicants to fill multiple openings for Camera Control Operators. Camera Control Operators provide surveillance support and information for police, security and other emergency responders for criminal and/or other emergency incidents. They independently observe feeds (both permanent and temporary) from approximately 1600 cameras to identify criminal incidents, suspicious activities, in an effort to support emergency responses or contact emergency personnel for an observed incident. Camera Control Operators direct cameras to locations associated with police or emergency responses as identified from radio transmissions and will provide information that will contribute to officer safety, identify criminals, and reduce property losses. These are unarmed, non-sworn civilian positions.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous work or volunteer experience dealing with individuals from a diverse background
- Applicants must also be able to successfully complete the Virginia Criminal Information Network (VCIN) operator training either before or during employment
- The ability to follow specific oral and written instructions and safety procedures, as well as the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated technical savvy and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Prior work or volunteer experience in safety, security, or law enforcement
- Some college education
- An active VCIN certification
The starting salary for this position is $18.00/ hour
Candidates will be required to complete a background check and drug screen before a formal offer of employment will be made per University policy.